Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

T for Time

I generally don’t get absorbed by nostalgia, perchance ‘cause I’m a completely mind-numbing when I’m alone. But once I’m teamed up with certain ‘things or people’, nostalgia starts oozing out. These ‘things or people’ are ‘friends and trains n rains’. The desk partners, their crushes, the teachers, their bloopers, the exams and the scores, quizzes and debates, the common offs and attendance, siblings and fun, everything just flashes in fronta my eyes when I m in train, as if the entire view outside the window is a slideshow of my life till now. It makes me smile in innocence or at times guilty of my mistakes. Or even worse, at times, makes me have certain realizations of how wrong I was then … all that and much more, ofcourse the inability to describe it here doesn’t condense its intensity. What I have in my mind are memories which I rarely feel inclined to go through, only to cherish them when I’m teamed up with my friends.

Friends, trains and rains have some magical powers to access my memories. Not the sad ones, only the glad ones. Some incredibly amazing authority to completely take hold of my memories, and then imparting an inertia to relapse to the Present! My mind gets completely soaked and all it wants is to remain there, not to come back in today’s worries or tomorrow’s uncertainties and (im)probabilities. It deports my brain to some sorta world in which there is no ‘Time Government’ unlike in the present where it governs you and will always do so in future too. Its some state of being where we have been and where we cant ever be again.

Sometimes I end up repining about how it has been, and sometimes cherishing that i-am-so-glad-its-been-this-way. Its mixed. Mostly the latter part though. Its some sorta gizmo, yes, memories are gizmos, that cheer you up! Memories are latent, something that is there but cant be seen. Its something that plenishes your blanks! I can stroll deep into these lanes and absorb myself in them until something external reverts me to present, only to the realization that, Time does exist no matter how much you hate it and will keep governing your life, no matter how much don’t want it to.

So here I’m, wasting my time, writing this obtuse blog, coz I really hate thing called Time. Waste it if you hate it….

Goodnight/day !!!!

19 comments:

Ameya . P said...

you know what!!! this sounds very much dousshi/mad/idiotic/whatever ..but it works..JUST BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP think about something u would have changed if things were in your hands.think ,rather imagine deeply and clearly how u would have done it..you get dreams of the changed things...it works at least in case of my grades and few more cases...try it...it helps because when you get up, you are simple happy and fresh ready for a new start!!!:)

monica said...

WHATTTTT!!!

really? i mean its so unbelievable. u kidding , aint u?

n evn if its tru, hows tht gonna help? i mean, that would sabotage our present, coz once u kno, had it been this way, outcome wud've been this way, u kno that its jus damaging yr system more... it will only lead to delayin yr ations in future by thinking only more about it.

i hope m clear to u, to me i m not :P

confused!

Ameya . P said...

aahh!!u just have to imagine...why wud it sabotage our present..its just the way of getting good sleep and waking up fresh...rather it will save your time in future bcoz u know what mistake was made earlier..AGAIN I REPEAT ITS JUST IMAGINATION..NTHING ACTUAL..u dont see future...i know..everyones gonna call it MAD/BAKWAS/...

monica said...

ohk
chill chill !
i m sorry to have misinterpretatiion.
alright...

i might try n see if it works :)

Ameya . P said...

lolzz...hey and do reply or post after u do it

Aditya said...

This is probably the greatest thing you wrote so far Monica..
brilliant..
not kidding..
how can someone translate these feelings into words with being simple,genuine and yet extremely conveying.. awesome..
and how can someone not fall in love with this after reading it..
well done.. again..

@Adi...... said...

time can never be related in any way to memories......
coz memories are just abstract thoughts which float up in the thought sphere till the moment u catch them from there.then u relate your feelings and ur emotions to them......it is now that memories become wat we know as nostalgia......
wat i mean to say is ....u get a memory n u just shrug it off widout thinking over it......its just another thought.
while looking at time.....time is a very concrete wave we have to keep up wid.....

all said and done "t for time" was one of the finest and thought provoking piece i have read in a lonnnng time.....monnnnn wy dun u start writin ur own novel...uh?atleast we cousins will read it...dun wry...

keep writin....

monica said...

To Ameya,

yes i ll try and reply, not post, coz i dont think i'll be really able to do that...

monica said...

To Dotdot,

Thanks for Compliment and for 'not kidding' :)

u think i conveyed it? do you?
coz i don't really feel i did.. :)
anyways...

thanks!

monica said...

to Adi,

YOU MAN! you have great clarity in thinking... waitin for you to start up with a blog !

where, i qualified memories as 'past', you actually mentioned the things memory is made up of!
thoughts, emotions and feelings. WOW!!!

but bro, novel and all eh.. not my land yaa... ask esha for that!! :)
thanks for the compliment though! :)
Love you!

sayali said...

t for time is really amazing sis,i really admire ur way of riting...
hatsoff!!!

i sincerely read every blog of urs just to admire more n more...

its really a food for thought!
keep it up!!
i 'll surely try writin one...

monica said...

thanks sis,

but m really waitin for you to come up with one...

really..

Anonymous said...

well following the many interpretations.... here comes mine!!

Mon!! thats some blog where u completely cleared ur mind and typed it all!! OMG! that was a cool blog!!

Even i think that way when BREEZE flows past me.... against me....
it does give a sensation of time... as if its RUNNING OUT!! :(

one way to stand this is to welcome the 2moro with open arms. Becoz u have a chance to make 2moro a part of your memory u can cherish in the furure!!!

-neer

monica said...

well, Anonymous-neer, you r quite clear n right! it was an implosion for me.and whenever a person implodes his mind, he becomes clear in thots..

about Time, yes , it has to pass, but the way you look at it is very optimistic.. i love that.. that does reduce my anger against time.
I hate time!

"chance to make tomorrow as a part of your memory" its the line of the day!!! maybe... Line of Millenium!

:)
Thanks!

janhavi said...

this feels as if u said what i xactly i wntd to say... i realy enjoyed reading it... wud lyk to say thanx as u made me thnk bt al these thngs again....
will surely keep track of ur blogs...

monica said...

To Janhavi,
you kno? its like planets aligning once in a million years!!!!

Thanks for reading my blog, janhavi! n commenting :)
love ya girl.. and needless to mention, i share my BEST of memories with you... :)

abhishek said...

good is good. bad is bad..
time is good. no time is bad.
the instinct is good. no instinct is bad.

good one..

monica said...

weird...!

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.