Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A toast to my buddies..

There’s a reclining corner in everyone’s life, you know, a place where you can just tilt back, seek comfort, and talk and talk and talk yourself out, with the conviction that the person who you are talking all this out to, isn’t getting bored stiff and is listening to you with equal concern. Well, I’m lucky. I have made many such corners in life, the people I love, my friends!

I have been truly blessed. My friends- the major part of what makes me. I wanna tag a number of people here, to begin with: Janhavi, Neha, Renuka [din’t know which name to put first, thank God the alphabets have a sequence :D ] These are my friends since….ummmm……. ever. I dunno where it started. But we make the best best best of friends..

Friends!! Sometimes we have so many words to say about them and some other times we fall short of the very words. Today is that one odd day when I have so much to write but no combination of words will do justice to what I wanna convey! Reaching out to each other in times of dejection, sometimes just some long SMSs to undo the blues, talking about resp. boyfriends [ :P :P , @boyfriends: ;) ;) yes we do! ] recollecting all those hilarious gaffes; to mention a few- when renuka fell off the stairs in jnec college or the one at the ‘Monica Chowk’ or the fship day when I, completely drenched in rains, lost my footing and fell down. Each time we recollect it, we laugh, laugh even louder than ever before. There are special moments that bring us even closer, reinforce the friendship, tighten the bond and make us establish, every time, firmly that yes, these are the people I don’t wanna lose ever!

Minus 4 years:

Onset of a new life- the graduation, we parted our ways, so to say. Different cities……. different group of friends…. Lesser meet ups... To be honest, I was scared. This was the only concrete group of friends I had… I didn’t wanna lose them, sure, but more than that I never wanted them to have a group better than ours…. :P [Mean I am, I know]

And my wish came true …….. : ) its “US” even today for each of us !!! :D : )

Today when we are at the inception of a newer life… jobs and PG and what not… I hope things will remain constant as they have been till now. I love extrapolation. And the trend says, nothing will change : )

You all have endured my worst of behaviors and yet I have you guys there as the firm rock that I can rely on. There have been times when I have mistaken, misbehaved, crossed my line but each time you all disregarded it. What? What more can I ask you guys for? Thanks for being there through the best and worst of my times. All the happiness I have had in all my life, has mostly come outta the fact that I posses you all, my best friends… the best best best best people of the world !!! [ quite often, in describing you gals, one ‘best’ doesn’t decipher all the feelings, multiple ‘best’s fall short too :P ]

@Janu: I’m still serious about having our houses next to each other’s and all ‘those’ things we dreamt of !!! ;) ;) Oh what fun, it will be !! : )

Love you all…

Goodnight/day!!!

[ feels good being prosaic after a long long time, poetry is off for a while, I hope : ) ]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

U R such a darling!! luv u too dear... things lyk dis keep us together n connected!! Nd U R really best at doing this.. i cherish all the moments spent together and dat gives me a very diff kind of strength nd confidence to face nethng!!

Unknown said...

me likes!!
Direct!

Care,

Neer

AMEYA.P said...

hey good to read