Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Crow-cratic City

I have been monitoring this since last 5-6 days... Every evening, around 6.10, 6.15 starts the clamor of crows, yelling their throats out at its threshold. Irritated by their screeching and squealing, I opened my gallery. And there I go astonished to discover that there is an abnormal accumulation of crows here in parel! More precisely- in fronta my flat !

Certainly something was methodical with the way they assembled. There was a sync in their conduct. There were three places where these 100-120 Crows were strewn. One group of 35-40 in my front-left.. Another of 30-35 in my front-right.. and third one on top of my building, should be around 30, which for obvious reasons I couldn’t capture.

TO MY FRONT LEFT

 

And TO MY FRONT RIGHT-

A cluster would fly from one place to another, yelling like idiots!! They would move in random demeanor pretending, to us humans, to be REALLY conscious of what they’re doing, hehe... It seemed to me very amusing, for One- How do they know WHO flew from where, ALL LOOK THE SAME !! :D hehe.. Secondly, even if there was any tactic to single each one out (which, ob, only those black bodies would understand) Why do they scream out so loud as they fly!!!

Hehe, and I did try to get an algorithm of their system of mannerisms, but there was nothing of that sort sensed, by me atleast : ) But it gave me an impression of a sort of a play-school of crows where they would gather every eve from 6-7… Coz right around 7 they would start getting meager in number.

Crows are never described as ‘beautiful’ by poets and philosophers, for they are really not.. but a more impartial reason for establishing that can be that crows look uglier when viewed from bottom.. check out the bottom view if ever you get a better chance :P ( I do have pics but aren’t so clear to give you any idea, still an attempt)

 <—the bottom view

Succeeded to capture some CLOSE pics too : ) check em out…

<-- this WHEN ONE FLEW JUST ALONGSIDE ME…

<—In my gallery, Floor no. 5

<-- in my gallery to invite me to click its pic…

<-- hope you can point-out the crow in the Green :P

<-- when two of them were mad at each other .. :D

A Citation- Although Mumbai is considered to be a city with, probably, maximum pollution but, observe the next time you visit Mumbai, trees in Mumbai are ubiquitous… and so are crows :D and chiefly in my area Bats, too, are markedly abundant in number. I have had a bad experience of bats, but I shall save it for another blog.. :D

For now,

Goodnight/day!!!

: )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey!
couldnt u find any beautiful bird there??? :P

if u wanna know more abt crows....
try catching hold of Pu La Deshpande's Asaami Asami

Utkarsh said...

Fabulous pics eh! Blog is wonderfully written. I really enjoy your style of writing!

I guess, its their breeding season. Males, attract females this way. You may even observe males getting aggressive during this time.

Suggestions: For taking close ups of crows, or any dark object on light background, use 'SPOT LIGHT METERING MODE'. And Focus the 'SPOT' on the dark object you wanna capture, crows as in here.
Secondly, for avoiding blurred images, ALWAYS keep flash on. Reduce exposure settings in case pics get too bright!

Good luck!
Keep writing.

Your Blog-Writing-Style fan,
Utkarsh.

The Instinct ! said...

@ Neer,

i had heard bout asaami asami.. only the name, dinno wats the content.. thanks .. :)

The Instinct ! said...

@ Utkarsh

Your suggestion is noted down, sir.
nice piece of info ..
hey but i had kept the flash on.. dunno why i still got blurred images.

will be alert next time on,..

Thanks !!
Waiting for your blog to roll on!

Mon.